OVERVIEW OF TERMS & CONDITIONS
- Information on how to enter and prize details form part of these Terms & Conditions of Entry.
- These terms and conditions constitute the Terms and Conditions of Entry (Terms & Conditions) for the ‘BASSINTHEGRASS Road Trip’ competition (Competition) being conducted by Tourism NT.
- By submitting an Entry into the Competition an Entrant is deemed to acknowledge and accept these Terms and Conditions. A non-compliant Entry will be ineligible for inclusion in the Competition and to be awarded any prize. Tourism NT reserves the right to disqualify any Entrant from the Competition if an Entry does not comply with the Terms & Conditions.
- The Competition is a game of skill.
- Entrants must be aged 18 years or more to participate in the Competition.
- In these Terms and Conditions, unless the contrary intention appears, the following words and phrases have the following meanings:
Booking Provider means NT Now, a division of Holidays of Australia Pty Ltd (ACN 148 001 969) operated in partnership with Tourism NT.
Campaign Monitor means the cloud based email distribution platform used by the Territory to contact the Winning Entrants detailing the steps to claim the Prize.
Competition Entry Period means the period during which the Competition is open for Entrants to enter the competition, being between 12:01 am (CST) on 10 June 2021 and 11.59 pm (CST) on 30 June 2021 inclusive.
Entrant means an Australian Resident (excluding residents of the Northern Territory) having submitted an Entry in accordance with the Terms & Conditions of the Promotion.
Entry means compliance with all the requirements set out at Condition 9.
Prize means one holiday package to be supplied by third party providers, valued at $4,998 which:
- includes the following:
- A voucher to the value of $900 which the winning Entrant may use to purchase return airfares from the winning Entrant’s closest capital city to and from Darwin Airport;
- 5 nights in Darwin at Vibe Waterfront hotel in a guest room including breakfast;
- 00Seven Jetski Die Another Day tour;
- Lunch or Dinner at Stokes Hill Wharf;
- 24 Hour hop on hop off sightseeing bus tour;
- Full day Katherine Gorge Cruise & Edith Falls tour;
- Cage of Death 2 person in the cage at Crocosaurus Cove; and
- Sunset Fish & Chips Darwin Harbour Cruise.
- is redeemable via the Booking Provider at http://www.ntnow.com.au/;
- must be utilised within 2 months of notice of the decision being given to the winning Entrant (ie. the winning Entrant must book with the Booking Provider on or before 3 September 2021);
- must be used for travel between 1 May – 31 May 2022; and
- the winning Entrant may extend the stay at additional cost to be borne by the winning Entrant;
Related Persons means a spouse, de-facto spouse, parent, child, sibling, (including in-law, whether full, half, step or by adoption) of an Employee of Tourism NT performing any duties in the conduct of this Competition.
Tourism Product means the prize package available for the Tourism ‘2022 BASSINTHEGRASS Road Trip’ Promotion Scheme by the Booking Provider.
Website means https://www.tourismnt.com.au/
ENTRY INTO THE COMPETITION
- includes the following:
- Employees of Tourism NT responsible for the conduct and promotion of the Competition and Related Persons are not eligible to enter the Competition.
- Entry into the Competition is open to any other person who meets the requirements of these Terms and Conditions.
- To enter the Competition, Entrants must during the Competition Entry Period click on competition promotion link via social media, enter their details into the form on the landing page including completing the question “Tell us in 25 words or less, who you’d like to see perform at 2022 BASSINTHEGRASS and why?”
- By entering the Competition, you are agreeing your Entry complies with the Competition Rules, and confirming you have read and agree to be bound by the competition Terms & Conditions.
- Entry into the Competition is free. However, Entrants must bear their own costs of participating in the Competition.
- Entry is limited to one Entry per Entrant.
CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
- You acknowledge and agree that:
- to the extent permitted by law, you indemnify Tourism NT its agents and servants from any claim, loss, damage or damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, economic, direct or indirect loss, or personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with, or arising from, this Competition;
- if requested, you will participate in editorial activities relating to the Competition including, but not limited to, interviews, photographs, films or other recordings of the same for publication in any media for an unlimited period without remuneration for the purpose of promoting this Competition (including any outcome) or in connection with winning or enjoying the prize and promoting any products manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by Tourism NT, the sponsors or other prize suppliers as a result of this Competition;
- you confirm that your Entry was created by you and you own all intellectual property rights and Moral Rights;
- you unconditionally and irrevocably consent to any act or omission that would otherwise infringe any of your moral rights, or present and future rights of a similar nature, conferred by law anywhere in the world whether occurring before or after this consent is given (“Moral Rights”);
- you waive all Moral Rights that arise outside Australia; and
- you will not start, continue or support any claim or proceeding for infringement of your Moral Rights or intellectual property rights.
- If, for any reason, the Competition is not capable of running as planned Tourism NT reserves the right in its absolute discretion to take any action that is legally available to Tourism NT to reschedule, change or cancel the Competition.
COMPETITION ENTRY PERIOD
- The Competition will be conducted during the Competition Entry Period.
- The Prize will not be awarded to an Entrant whose Entry is received outside the Competition Entry Period.
- The winning Entrant will be notified of the decision within 14 days of the end of the Competition Entry Period by email to the email address supplied in the Entry.
RISKS BORNE BY ENTRANTS
- Entrants acknowledge and agree that Tourism NT (and the Northern Territory of Australia):
- accepts no responsibility for late, lost, incomplete, incorrectly submitted, delayed, illegible, corrupted or misdirected entries, claims or correspondence whether due to error, omission, alteration, tampering, deletion, theft, destruction, transmission interruption, communications failure or otherwise.
- have no control over communication networks or services, the Internet, or computer or telephone networks or lines and accepts no responsibility for any problems associated with them, whether due to traffic congestion, technical malfunction or otherwise; and
- are not liable for any consequences of defects or errors including in connection with the Competition’s automated entry process, defect in any connectivity to the Site or any device or software.
- Entrants must submit an Entry that complies with these Competition Rules in order to be eligible for selection.
- Entries must not:
- contain invalid, incomplete or inaccurate information;
- invade the privacy or any other rights of any third party;
- Tourism NT may, in its absolute discretion disqualify:
- an Entry that contravenes a competition rule contained in condition 20; or
- an Entry if, in the reasonable opinion of Tourism NT, the Entrant has not generally complied with the Terms & Conditions.
- Errors and omissions may be accepted at the discretion of Tourism NT.
- The Entrant must not:
- tamper with the entry mechanism;
- use scripting, an application or code to submit multiple entries; or
- manipulate the participation process or the entry mechanism adopted by Tourism NT (whether via website or the social media channel) for accepting your entry and/or otherwise act unfairly or dishonestly or try to influence the draw by disruption, harassment, annoyance of employees/software of Tourism NT.
- The winning Entrant must accept the Prize in writing by replying to the notification email from Tourism NT, any time up to 14 days after the date of notification after which time Tourism NT may allocate the prize to an alternate winning Entrant;
- If for any reason, the Prize, or any part of the Prize, is or becomes unavailable or unable to be completed, the Booking Provider, in its discretion, reserves the right to substitute any component of the Prize with an alternative of similar value. Tourism NT has no liability to the winning Entrant, and the winning Entrant has no claim against Tourism NT.
- The Prize is not transferable to another person or exchangeable. The Prize cannot be redeemed for other goods and services or sold to a third party including online auctions and private sales. Unused portions of the Prize will be forfeited and no compensation will be paid in lieu of that element of the Prize.
- Failure by Tourism NT to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
- Any and all costs associated with collecting the Prize including but not limited to taxes, transport, accommodation, meals, beverages, travel insurance, passports, visas, excess baggage and items of a personal nature are the sole responsibility of the winning Entrant.
- Prize inclusions and details are correct as at 13 April 2021 however subject to change without advance notice.
USE OF PRIZE
- Entrants need to make themselves aware of the rules applying to:
- the use of the Prize through the Booking Provider only (i.e., the Prize cannot be applied to a booking or payment made directly with the Tourism Product provider);
- the range of available Tourism Products from the Booking Provider and their selection of the Tourism Products included in the Promotion;
- the transaction requirements and limits of value for use of the Prize toward the cost of the Tourism Product; and
- the payment at the time of booking of the balance of the cost for the Tourism Product selected.
- The use of the Prize by the winning Entrant:
- is subject to the terms and conditions of the Promotion set by Tourism NT and made available on the Website;
- is exclusive of any additional costs and liabilities incurred beyond the value of the Prize (used in accordance with the conditions of use) or incurred after the Prize has been redeemed;
- may be subject to terms and conditions of the Booking Provider and other third party providers, including where the Entrant is required to agree to those terms and conditions at the time of redeeming the Prize;
- cannot be used to pay any cancellation or fees incurred for cancelling or changing any booking; and
- cannot be used in association with another Voucher (of another Entrant) for the same booking of a Tourism Product.
- Any personal information provided to Tourism NT by an Entrant for the purpose of determining eligibility of the Entrant to receive the Prize will be sighted and verified but not collected or stored, and not used in any other manner other than to manage and administer the Competition. Use of that information by Tourism NT will be strictly limited to that purpose.
- Personal information will be disclosed to Campaign Monitor (operated from the American Data Centres owned by Amazon) to facilitate the provision of the Prize.
- Any temporary retention by Tourism NT of any personal information provided by an Entrant will be subject to the provisions of the Information Act 2002 (NT and IPPs while the personal information is in the possession of Tourism NT.
- Tourism NT will return to the Entrant, or destroy any hard copies, digital or electronic records of the evidence provided by an Entrant, as soon as practicable after determining the Entrant’s eligibility to receive a Prize.
- A record of the Entrant relating to
- Entry in; or
- eligibility to receive a Prize from, the Competition, created by Tourism NT does not form part of the personal information referred to in condition 32, and is not subject to the same requirements for return to the Entrant or destruction set out in that condition.
- Entrants consent to Tourism NT publishing their name and any Prize winning results on the Website after the winner has been notified and accepted the Prize. Tourism NT will not be held responsible for any loss of reputation, status or otherwise of an Entrant in connection with the publication of an Entrant’s Personal Information.
- Any tax liability, fees for use, or any other associated legislative or regulatory requirement arising from the acceptance or use of a Prize is the responsibility of the winning Entrant. Neither Tourism NT nor the Northern Territory of Australia will be responsible or liable for any additional costs, taxes, fees or charges incurred by the Entrant arising from the Entrant’s receipt or use of the Prize.
CONDUCT OF COMPETITION BY TOURISM NT
- Tourism NT is responsible for:
- holding and distributing the Prize;
- managing all publications, entries, communications and terms and conditions relating to the conduct of the Competition;
- the collection of each Entry for inclusion in the Competition;
- the judging of the winning Entry as what Tourism NT deem the most creative entry;
- the verification process relating to the successful Entrant and their eligibility to receive a Prize.
- The winner will be judged and announced by 10am on 2 July 2021 at:
Department of Industry, Tourism and Trade
Level 8, Charles Darwin Centre
19 The Mall
Darwin NT 0800
- The management of the Competition by Tourism NT will be subject to principles of good governance and management contained in the laws of the Northern Territory and relevant Northern Territory Government policies and procedures.
- Information about applicable laws, policies, procedures and principles can be obtained by contacting: firstname.lastname@example.org
- In the event there is any complaint or dispute arising from the conduct, management of or determinations made under the Competition terms and conditions, lodged with Tourism NT, the decision of the CEO or a Deputy CEO of Tourism NT will be final, and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The Competition is governed by the Laws of the Northern Territory of Australia. Each Entrant agrees to be bound by the Laws of the Northern Territory and to submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of the Northern Territory to determine any dispute or claim brought before a Court of the Northern Territory.
- Should any provision of these Terms & Conditions be held to be unenforceable under the applicable law, such provision will be deemed severed from these Terms & Conditions, without affecting the enforceability or validity of the remaining provisions, which will continue in full force and effect.
- Tourism NT reserves the absolute right and discretion to change, add to or alter any of the terms and conditions of the Competition if in the opinion of the CEO or a Deputy CEO of Tourism NT it is in the interests of the Northern Territory to make such changes to the Competition. Notification of each change made to the terms and conditions of Competition will be by publication of the changes on the Website, and each Entrant will be bound by the terms and conditions of the Competition as changed, added to or altered.
- These Terms and Conditions form the basis of an agreement made between Tourism NT and all Entrants which is made and entered into in the Northern Territory of Australia.